The Drop 2 Book is the first and only publication to explore the 4-note, block-chord approach to jazz piano playing — as used by piano masters like Kenny Barron, McCoy Tyner, Barry Harris, Cedar Walton and Bill Evans.
In this book, world-renowned educator and pianist Mark Levine gives the reader a comprehensive, step-by-step, beginning to advanced Masterclass on this fascinating approach to voicing chords.
Included in the book are complete chapters on:
- The basic Drop 2 approach
- More advanced Drop 2 techniques
- Soloing and 'comping' in Drop 2
- Techniques for practicing Drop 2
- Plus a CD download is included of Mark demonstrating each exercise!
An invaluable insight into the harmonic minds of some of our greatest piano players, by the author of The Jazz Piano Book.
68 pages, plus CD download!